Virtual Red Folder
April 4, 2019
Color Day is Next Week
Our second Color Day of the year is coming up on Thursday, April 11. While classroom teachers have conferences with parents, Specials teachers and admin will lead students in group activities around the Quaker testimony of “stewardship.”
How will this affect you and your child?
- Please send your child in with under $1.00 in change so we can buy a goat for a family in need through Heifer International.
- Students in Kindergarten through Sixth Grade should go directly to the Steinbright Gym upon arrival. (Staff will be around to guide them there if you or they forget.)
- Butterflies & Dragonflies begin the day in their classrooms and will join their pods for morning activities.
- Dismissal for our Dragonflies, Butterflies and Kindergartners will be at their normal locations (Journey’s End and Little House).
- Dismissal for First through Sixth Graders will be on the blacktop (no pick up at Emerson) at 3:00 pm.
- Morning snacks for all students will be provided by the school! Students will not have access to their backpacks and lunchboxes at snack time.
- Lunch: if your child participates in the food program on Thursdays, the food will be delivered as usual.
Please remind your student of these adjustments for the day. We thank you in advance for helping us with these logistics so that we can focus on making this day meaningful for the students.
Grandparents and Special Friends Loved Readers’ Theater!
Before the break, First Graders wowed audiences with their Readers’ Theater performance of their very own fairy tale. Jane and Annie conceived of the performance as a fun way for students to practice their reading skills, as well as to solidify what they’ve learned about how a story is constructed. The class prepared their play by participating in a series of workshops with teaching artists from Theatre Horizon in Norristown. The artists helped First Grade work as a class to pick characters, settings, relationships between the characters, problems, and solutions.
Professional Photos from Stepping Out
A big thank-you to photographer (and alum!) Eddie Einbender-Luks for these great shots. If you came to see the Circus, you probably saw his photos from past Circuses displayed in the Corson Lobby.
Our Teachers Are Always Learning
On this Tuesday’s professional development day, our teachers got granular with the scientific side of teaching. In the morning they explored how advanced metrics can help to both teach reading and match up readers with appropriate books. In the afternoon faculty and staff learned the most current approaches for first aid and CPR and received certifications.
Friday, April 5
Parent Coffee, Corson Lobby, 8:00 am
Thursday, April 11
Friday, April 12
No school for students (Vacation Care available)
Saturday, April 13
ArtsFest, 3:00-5:00 pm
Want more info on happenings at school?
Go to pmfs1780.org/calendar, where you can subscribe to the PMFS Public Calendar.
Follow us on Instagram
Like and review us on Facebook
2018-19 At-a-Glance Calendar
2018-19 Events Calendar
2019-2020 At-a-Glance Calendar
Online PMFS Directory
Virtual Red Folders (all in one place)
Help PMFS While You Shop