School begins at 8:00 am for Kindergarten through Sixth grade and 8:15 am for Pre-K. Students may attend early care, based in Journey’s End, beginning at 7:30 daily.
Busing to PMFS
Public school districts in Pennsylvania provide busing for every resident child who attends a non-public school within ten miles of their home school district’s boundary (not the student’s residence). There is no out-of-pocket cost to parents for this service; the cost is covered by resident taxes. Busing is available to First to Sixth grade students for Philadelphia residents and to Kindergarten through Sixth Grade students in most other area districts (Jenkintown does not bus any students).
Busing is obtained by contacting the Transportation Office of your public school district of residence. To ensure your child has access to bus transportation for the coming school year, you must complete a registration form for your respective district. Please complete the registration and send it to your school district’s transportation department.
Here are the public school districts which have provided busing to PMFS within the last 5 years:
- Abington School District
- Cheltenham School District
- Colonial School District
- Haverford Township School District
- Lower Merion School District
- Methacton School District
- Norristown Area School District
- Perkiomen Valley School District
- Philadelphia School District
- Springfield School District
- Spring-Ford School District
- Tredyffrin-Easttown School District
- Upper Dublin School District
- Upper Merion School District
- Wissahickon School District
Plymouth Meeting Friends School is accessible by public transportation. SEPTA’s L bus travels from Mount Airy, Wyndmoor, Chestnut Hill, and other points southeast of the school and stops at the intersection of Germantown Pike and Butler Pike, right outside the school’s walls.