Google Docs, Quick Start
With Google Docs, you can write, edit, and collaborate on documents. All your changes are automatically saved as you type.
To create a new document:
- Open Google Drive
- In the top left, click on + New
- Hover over Google Docs, click > to the right
- Choose Blank document
- Name the document by hovering over Unnamed document and typing in new name
To share a document:
- Click the Share button in the upper right corner
- Begin typing the person’s email address; click on the name if it comes up.
- Add multiple names if desired
- Click Send when finished
If a teacher shares a doc that is “view only,” you will need to make a copy to write in and then share it with the teacher.
To make a copy of a document shared with you:
- Open the doc
- Click the File menu on the upper left side
- Scroll down and click Make a copy
- Rename the document by hovering over name and typing new name
- Share with others as desired